Terms of Service
UP EQUIPMENT LOANS
Undergraduate Production has an array of equipment that may be borrowed by undergraduate students engaged in UP advised production work. UP Equipment Inventory items are ONLY available to performances being directly supported by Undergraduate Production. If you have not scheduled an appointment to meet with a UP technical director to discuss this rental in advance, your reservation is subject to cancellation. If you require equipment for a non UP supported event. Please try the Bass Media Library or the Center for Collaborative Arts and Media.
• Loan period: Equipment may be borrowed for a period of up to 1-2 weeks.
• Reservations: Equipment reservations must be made online. Borrowers are responsible for making their own reservations, and scheduling an appointment for pickup and return; UP staff does not support email bookings or phone requests.
• Care and safety of borrowed equipment is the borrower’s responsibility. Insurance is recommended for all borrowers.
• Advanced equipment may be borrowed only by users who have received training on the use of the equipment, demonstrate a working knowledge of the equipment, and have insurance coverage.
• Equipment Pick Up: Students should schedule equipment pick ups with their Peer Mentor Technical Director at least a week in advance. (https://up.yalecollege.yale.edu/resources/peer-mentor-program)
• The borrower assumes full liability for borrowed equipment, including full coverage of loss and/or repair, during the loan term.
• Equipment is available on a first come, first served [reservation] basis. Availability of equipment is not guaranteed. Reservation cancellations must be received at least 72 hours before the start of the loan period. Failure to use reserved equipment without reservation cancellation may result in revocation of the equipment loan privilege for the remainder of the academic year.
• UP equipment is for approved uses in on-campus venues.